Email Helps Make Your Content King!
Email Energizes Your Content Marketing Strategy
A dedicated digital marketer will send out an email marketing campaign or work on a content piece for future Email Marketing while they wait for their coffee to brew in the morning.
When you combine email and content marketing strategies, it guarantees having a productive morning because it’s the perfect combination. Content marketing and email are like chips and salsa. You can’t just have one without the other. Why do you think that’s true?
Your Email Driven Content Marketing
It sounds like a huge challenge, let’s look at what research shows us that other Digital Marketers rely on to succeed. An Ascend2 research study examines how combining email and content marketing is the bedrock to build your Digital Marketing Strategy on.
The survey was done to determine what an effective email-driven content marketing strategy looks like. The survey was fielded the week of August 27, 2018, and a total of 224 marketing professionals participated.
Email Leads Your Digital Effectiveness
Email is clearly considered an effective channel for marketing content to prospective customers by 82% of marketing professionals. The next most effective channels are social media and a company’s website or blog for 54% and 51% of marketing professionals, respectively.
Email’s importance is consistent in various research studies on content, email, data, and technology.
Establish Your Content Priorities
Define Your Content and Email Priorities
Improving the quality of leads is a top email-driven content marketing strategy priority for a 54% majority of marketing professionals. Increasing conversion rates and the number of leads or subscribers generated are also top priorities for 49%.
When considering your content & email priorities, you should examine your content.
- To improve the quality of your leads and increase conversions, you need high-quality content.
- Content needs to be laser-focused on your audience. Determine who you want to reach. Just like you segment your email list, segment and personalize your content.
- What content types should you create? Here is what the research study revealed that works best for marketing professionals.
What is Your Most Effective Digital Content for Email
Videos or motion graphics are considered the most effective types of digital content used for marketing purposes by 44% of marketing professionals.
Almost as effective are webinars or events, and research or eBooks for 43% and 41% of marketing professionals respectively.
Optimize Your Digital Content for Email
High-quality content creation is difficult, so when you create awesome content, be sure to optimize your results by generating a variety of content types. For example, a research study could produce the following content types:
- Report: Create a report that is easy to scan and answers the readers important questions.
- Video: Many people would rather watch a video than read a report. So give them what they want with a video format of your research.
- Webinar: Your research is ideal to set the stage for the topic of your webinar. Your research helps to identify a problem or opportunity and your speakers can provide expert advice on that topic.
- Blog posts: A quick review of a research chart will inspire a blog post. If you have eight research charts, that is eight blog posts.
- Infographic: A picture is worth a thousand words. Use your research to tell a story visually.
You do the math:
1 research study = 1 report + 1 video + 1 webinar + 8 blog posts + 1 infographic
Emails and Content Marketing Achieve Priorities
More than half (54%) of marketing professionals consider an email-driven content marketing strategy to be successful at achieving priorities.
Email and Content Marketing Are a Winning Combination
So keep combining email and content marketing, it is a great combination!