How Your Amazing Blog Helps Your Digital Marketing Success
Your business blog can help you meet many of your corporate goals. Your successful blog’s content is key to increasing your companies visibility and reputation. It’s amazing how your blog’s great content also helps build your lead generation and conversion rates.
According to DemandMetric, 59% of B2B marketers consider their business blogs the most valuable content channel in their digital marketing strategy. Statistics show that companies with blogs produce 67% more leads per month than those without a robust digital strategies.
A great business blog can increase your customer acquisition and customer loyalty. However, they can also help with your recruiting, customer support and social media marketing. According to a recent DemandGenReport, 47% of B2B buyers read 3-5 blog posts before even talking to a salesperson.
Developing your robust content marketing strategy with a business blog as a central hub for internal and external communication can provide multi-purpose content. This multi-purpose content can be re-used and syndicated for various marketing campaigns and activities.
Your content-centered blog strategy save’s you valuable time and resources while boosting your efficiency, sustainability, and visibility. Let’s take a look at 7 proven marketing strategies that will make your corporate blog a success for your business.
These 7 Strategies Make Your Blog a Success for Your Business
Create Valuable, Quality Content That Engages Your Customers
The currency of a successful business blog is valuable content provided to your audience. Your business blog is not simply an advertising channel or a press center for your company and product news.
By providing content that matches the interest of your specific customers and prospects you are likely to receive the likes, shares, and engagement that you desire from your target audience.
How can you make your business blog interesting for your audience?
- Your posts provide your audience with authenticity, transparency, and personality.
- Your audience has to find your content to be valuable and useful.
- Your posts must be relevant by sharing up-to-date facts and statistics.
- Your Content needs to be engaging by including images, photos, and infographics.
- Engage and inform your audience using screenshots, screencasts, and videos.
- Ask questions to encourage audience interaction, engagement and discussions.
In the social media age, customers expect your communications to be transparent and authentic. Your business blog is a great marketing tool allowing you to present yourself with a unique and human voice. Your blog content is your stories should encourage engagement and connection with customers and targets.
If you truly know your target audience, you can create content that matches their interests.
- Look at your readers frequently asked questions.
- Find out what business challenges your customers and prospects face.
- Create helpful content and provide tips, and guidelines that your target audience can actually use.
- Find and write about topics that get engagement on social media.
- What can you do to make your content stand out?
- What questions are your clients asking your sales and support people?
There is a great free tool that can help you develop basic blog content ideas. Try Buzzsumo, it’s a content marketing search engine. Buzzsumo can search for your keywords and see which topics get the most engagement on social media sites.
You Need to Optimize Your Posts for SEO and Readability
Today, SEO is all about content. The quality of your content has become a key factor for search engine ranking and web visibility. Search engines rank the quality of content using content relevance, semantic context, and keywords as factors. Keywords are key elements of optimizing your pages and posts for the search engines as well as for your audience.
Your content has to match the interest of your target readers. It matches if you are using the keywords and topics that they are searching. Matching these search query parameters will get you a better ranking and more visibility in search engines and social media.
The structure and readability of your content also provides important factors for the evaluation of text quality. This also applies to both readers and search engines.
Make sure your blog posts are easy to understand and fun to read:
- Make your text sections snackable, with less than 300 words and paragraphs with less than 150 words.
- Use strong tested headings and subheadings.
- Your posts need to be skim-able, include lists with bullet points.
- Make facts easier to understand, create graphics and infographics.
- Analyze how your audience uses search terms or hashtags. Do a thorough keyword-research.
- Include your keywords in your meta tags and descriptions as well as in your copy, headlines, introduction, anchor text , and in your image descriptions and ALT tags.
Some useful tools that will help you optimize your blog content
- Use Grammarly to check your spelling and grammar.
- Coschedule has a terrific free Headline Analyzer to make your headlines engaging.
- Use the Hemmingway App to check your headlines and written copy for readability.
- I use the SEOPress WordPress plugin to improve my web traffic exposure check my posts for focus keywords, meta tags, and descriptions, as well as search engine readability.
- Use keyword tools like Google Keyword Planner or Long Tail Keywords for your keyword research.
It’s Important to Include Visuals in Your Content
It’s important to include photos, infographics, diagrams, charts, tables, screenshots, slides, and videos in your content. Visuals will help your readers to understand abstract ideas or complex topics more quickly than with only text to guide them.
Images and videos also help you grab a lot of traffic from image search engines like Google image search or YouTube. Images also will help compel users to share your content on their social networks. Images and videos also help you to drive more traffic from social media sites to your blog or website.
How to use images and videos for your blog post:
- Include at least one image near to the top of your post.
- Ensure that your images are relevant to your topic and relate to the context in which they appear.
- Always include keywords in image names or video titles, image’s Alt tags and description.
Here are some tools to help create your visual content:
- Canva enables you to easily create visuals and infographics for your blog posts.
- Movely helps to create animated videos and screencasts.
- The SEO friendly images plugin automatically updates your images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes for SEO purposes.
- The EWWW image compressor as a web app or as a plugin compressing your images to reduce the impact on your page speed.
It Matters How Often You Post Your Amazing Content
Your content posting frequency matters! According to State of Inbound, 82% of marketers who blog consistently see positive ROI from their inbound efforts. A key success strategy is consistency in publishing new blog posts to increase your blog traffic and retain readers.
The big question is, how many blog posts should you publish? Quoting Dan Zarrella in The Science of Marketing the answer is most probably “More than you are right now“.
Consider the following stats to decide on the proper cause of action:
- Once you have written 24-51 posts, your blog traffic generation should begin to grow. After publishing 52 or more blog posts your blog traffic will increase by up to 77%.
- Companies that blog more than 4 times a week see the biggest increase in traffic and leads.
- Businesses who blog 16 to 20 times per month get over two times more traffic than those who blog less than four times per month.
- 89% of companies that update their blogs multiple times a day have acquired a customer from their blog.
- 60% of marketers create at least one blog or content piece per day.
The best way to increase your blog traffic and reach is by posting more frequently. To do this orderly it’s important to organize your posting schedule into an editorial calendar.
How to Repurpose Your Amazing Content for Maximum Effectiveness
A good strategy for the regular publication of posts is to maximize the use of content using a variety of media formats, post sequences and to regularly update posts. This also saves resources for creating new content.
Did you know that nearly 60% of marketers reuse their blog content between 2 and 5 time.
Do you want to make your business blog a useful resource source for customers and your target audience? Start by providing a number of of posts that provide basic useful information about your business field. You want to build your library of Evergreen and Cornerstone content.
You should also build series of posts and posts about current news relevant to your business. Your aim should always be aimed at developing an encyclopedic structure of useful and relevant content. Google loves this type of blog structure.
Define a couple of keywords for your basic topics and create basic articles on these topics. If you examine your blog statistics and your readers’ feedback to learn what your best performing content is. You can also check the questions asked in comments or share. Use these to provide you with material to follow-up with a new post or a series, or in other media formats.
What’s the best way to recycle your content for maximum exposure?
- Pick a blog post received a lot of clicks and engagement, and check the comments. Are there any aspects or questions that you could follow up? If there are several interesting aspects, create a series to address each of them with a unique post.
- Create different media formats for your content:
- Create graphics and infographics from the most important facts and figures.
- Turn your graphics and images into a screencast or video clip, or add a video for interviews and tutorials.
- Add voice to your post and create a podcast.
- Convert series and long-form posts in a white paper or e-books to download. This also helps you to generate leads.
- Turn the most important facts into a checklist for download.
- Update older Evergreen posts with current information and figures, e.g. basic articles, statistics, lists, and re-post them with a current date.
Publish at the Best Times to Blog for Your Business
Most blog readers are “morning people” and tend to read blogs early in the morning. If you publish your content during AM hours, you have good chances of getting more attention for your content.
Dan Zarrella found the following patterns about blog publishing and sharing.
- Blog readers are 79% more likely to read in the morning.
- Blog reading peaks around 10 am.
- the best time to blog for pageviews is Monday between 8 and 11 am
- the best time to blog for increased engagement is Saturday between 8 and 11 am
Best time to publish blog posts
According to The Science of Social Timing by Kissmetrics the average blog statistics will show the following patterns:
- The average blog post receives the most traffic on a Monday.
- Morning: The hours of 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. tend to be high-traffic before work.
- Lunch: The most traffic hits around 11 a.m.– as lunchtime approaches, with another brief spike between 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. as people take a quick break, plus B2B decision-makers can be viewing your blog for
- After Work: Traffic spikes again between 4 p.m. – 6. p.m. before tapering off.
- Blogs are most likely to get comments on Saturday morning when people have more time for their weekly blog reading, writing, and social engagement.
Take these average high-traffic times as a point to start. This will boosts effectiveness even if you leave it at that. However, the best times to blog for your business can be different. So, if you want to take the next step, take a look at your stats and analyze your blog traffic.
Here are some useful tools to help you understand your blog stats.
- Google Analytics enables you to review post performance by tracking traffic and conversions per day and hour. You can open Google Analytics in your browser or use plugins, such as the Google Analytics Dashboard plugin or Google Analyticator plugin to put those stats right on your WordPress dashboard.
Why You Need to Promote Your Blog Posts on Social Media
However great your content is, you need to promote your blog consistently. Social media help your content to build authority, incoming links and reach. The better the engagement you receive for your content on social media the more this will help your ranking and visibility. Sharing your content on social media helps you drive more traffic to your site. There are multiple social sites to share your content as well as your visuals.